To maximize the benefits of your injections:
- Swelling and/ or bruising is possible with any injectable treatment; it is recommended to schedule your treatment so as to not disrupt any social obligations.
- To help minimize bruising it is best to discontinue the use of blood-thinning products (aspirin, vitamin E, garlic, St. John’s Wort, ibuprofen, fish oil) at least 7 days prior to injectable treatments.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Pre-treatment medication is recommended if you have a history of cold sores (contact BellaLisse for treatment recommendations).
- Avoid using Retin-A, retinol, glycolic acid, or alpha-hydroxy acids for at least 2 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid tox and dermal filler injections while pregnant and breastfeeding.